Project Manager – Job Opportunity
June 6, 2019
Construction Senior Project Manager
Job Description: Construction Senior Project Manager
Terms of Employment: Full time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Wages: Depends on experience
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Education: University degree or college diploma in business, engineering or construction management/estimating
Experience: 5 years or more
Project Type: Commercial construction, Industrial construction, Institutional construction and Multi residential construction
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with owners, consultants, and trades effectively.
- Take a leadership role in the construction of a project while being a team player, not a dictator.
- Ensure start up documentation and requirements are in place.
- Review and award contracts and purchase orders.
- Good understanding of the basic principles of construction law.
- Thorough understanding of the various forms of contract is essential.
- Scheduling – Utilizing MS Project. Should be able to develop an accurate, workable timeline with a clear and realistic critical path. Cost and resource load the schedules.
- Monitor project progress and take measures to maximize the project outcome; both costing and timeline.
- Prepare cash flow projections.
- Take control of project meetings and provide clear accurate minutes.
- Project reporting.
- Work with project coordinator to establish timelines for submittal and close out requirements.
- Assemble monthly draw percentages.
- Processing change order to maximize the return to the full extent allowed under the contract.
- Address/negotiate with trades on issues such as cost savings, contentious issues, etc.
We would like to thank you in advance
for your application; however only those selected will be contacted.