Site Superintendent Needed
February 8, 2018
We are currently seeking a construction professional to join our team as Site Superintendent.
The Site Superintendent will work alongside the Project Manager to ensure the success of the project while maintaining the budget and schedule. Your job will be to take control of the jobsite and guide the team members towards the successful delivery of the project.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Assist with supervision of all sub-trades, workers and suppliers, including but not limited to ensuring that they perform according to their contract.
- Liaison between the Company and the sub-trades, suppliers and workers to ensure the project is built to the Company’s drawing specifications.
- Oversee all site activities of sub-trades.
- Ensure the accuracy of installation of each sub-trade as it pertains to the construction drawings and scope of work.
- Assisting with maintaining the construction schedule and work efficiency over the course of the entire duration of the project.
- Assist with coordinating inspections with the municipal building department having jurisdiction in the area including the final occupancy inspections.
- Assist with completing monthly progress reports for each trade on Site.
- Communicating on a daily basis with the Project Manager regarding any concerns, discrepancies, additions, or alterations that may arise during the course of construction.
- Issuing purchase orders for any and all materials.
- Discussing any additional work “extras” with the Project Manager and Site Supervisor.
- To keep site in safe and orderly state as per Worker Compensation Board.
- To conduct safety orientation and weekly safety meeting with sub-trades.
- Ensures all finishes work is to the Company’s and industry standards.
- Schedule trades to meet the Company’s set out schedules.
- Quality control.
- Minimum 5 years of related work.
- Demonstrate effective communication and team building skills.
- Be results focused with a proven track record of accomplishments in the construction field.
- Be a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast paced team environment.
- Possess knowledge of commercial construction processes, contracts, scheduling and quality control.
- Proven performance in leadership and managing both people and development sites.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, make recommendations for change, implement and evaluate.
- Ability to juggle numerous and diverse activities, organizing and prioritizing appropriately to meet demands and expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resume/references to:
Email: email@example.com Fax# 604-857-9790